Friday

Media Bartering Requests for U-Exchange

Canada AM was our first live TV interview. The week before we were approached by Fox business news to do a live feed from the Skydome. It was one of those "look into the camera and talk" kind of things. The comfort level was very, very low. I don't mind radio interviews and taped radio interviews are even better.;) So CBC won with the radio interview request on Thursday at 12:30 p.m. over Fox. A lesser of two evils sort of speak.

Canada AM was cool. We got up at 2:30 a.m. just to make sure my hair looked good. (For people that don't know what I look like, I take a number 1 on the buzz clippers.) Then we headed down to the "big smoke"(Toronto). Due to my "we'll never be late" we arrived an hour early.
We buzz into security."John Moore and Barb Di Renzo from U-Exchange" (Imagine an authoritive voice here). Barb and I chill in the lobby and then proceed to the green room with the rest of the morning guests. Talk about snorefest...none of the guests are talking to each other. We're guessing they're getting their "game face on". I wasn't talking much either, I was nervous as shit, these other people were veterans. So one by one they piled out of the green room. (It was like a firing squad.) Next it was Barb and I. "On in 5 minutes, 7:40 a.m." (Gulp).
When we walked on to the set, Beverley was interviewing Cal Shumiatcher, the producer of Combat School. I'm doing the "I'm not nervous" speaking loudly kinda thing as Seamus introduced himself to us, Cal is on live 10 feet way! I felt like a tool.
We did our thing talking about bartering without using cash, then it was over. Our first live interview was done. I compared it to having sex for the first time. Something happened...I'm not sure what, it was all blurry and my palms were sweaty. It was a lot of fun though. Barb and I lost our "TV virginity" on Canada AM.
Oh, and I almost forgot, Cal tried to steal my jacket! Ok, well maybe he didn't actually steal it, our jackets may have looked the same...whatever. And Oprah and Reader's Digest...Please contact John and Barb at customerservice@u-exchange.com if you would like to talk.
John C. Moore
Founder
www.u-exchange.com

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's about time the world heard more about U-Exchange. This site's been a great source for me.
Susan White

2:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Visit OmniaVX.com for a better way to trade, you wont regret it.

11:54 AM  
Blogger Sumit Dass said...

If there are enormous markets for cash, then why not there be a market for barter? Network 4 Barter is a barter business market place which is growing aggressively since 2000. It is a useful platform which is helping Indian brands grow their business through an innovative approach. They are dealing in offering free media solutions including-

• Print Media

• Electronic Media

• OOH Media

• Digital Media Services

• Gifting and Perks

3:03 AM  
Blogger Trikle Trade said...

This is good place to learn and explore your knowledge.
Barter Exchange
Pay it Forward Ideas

7:01 AM  
Blogger Neha Talwar said...

Hi,
Do you know the meaning of barter?

Barter is the way of trading goods/services in exchange for goods/services without the involvement of money.
Goldier Network is a new leading Electronic Media Barter Company in Delhi. It offers services in the change of services or goods. Well, this the best method of trading without investing a single penny and making new customers.

11:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Where Small Businesses Think Big